March 2020 newsletter now available
This newsletter edition contains articles on the following:
- The first Langham Preaching training for Indigenous Australian pastors … a long hoped for event
- It took 12 years and has involved more than 100 writers! but the Latin American Bible Commentary is finished
- Equipped to Multiply Disciples in Latin America
- Celebrating a new beginning
Please join us in prayer for…
- Langham Partnership is seeking to respond to the current COVID-19 crisis with compassion and support for the most vulnerable, by ensuring they have access to clear, relevant biblical teaching in their own context. Pray that we are able to continue and even grow the work in the face of travel restrictions (especially for Preaching facilitators and Scholars), restrictions on gatherings, and economic difficulties for many supporters.
- Pray for us as we plan for the future, seeking to engage more young people in supporting Langham’s ministry, and become sustainable for the long term future.
- Please pray for George Bishai as he recovers from illness and plans to re-commence his PhD in July 2020.
- Pray for Tha Lian Ci from Myanmar as he studies English in preparation for commencing his PhD. Pray that he might be able to travel to Australia in time to complete his language studies this year.
- Pray for all those working on the African Public Theology project –due to be launched later this year. This book addresses what it means to live as a Christian in the public sphere and will be a textbook that can be used across Africa to train theological students and other future leaders.
- Most proposed preaching events have been cancelled due to COVID-19.
- Pray for those who have participated in recent events, that they will be able to handle the Word of Truth effectively in these uncertain times.