Thousands trained, tens of thousands resourced, countless transformed!
Langham trained nearly 10,000 pastors, distributed over 13,000 Bible-centred books to Majority World colleges, and supported 78 PhD students during the last financial year.
Those are the latest stats from July 2019 to June 2020, showing God’s amazing work through Langham’s Preaching, Literature and Scholars programmes.
The Covid-19 pandemic has adversely affected some planned activities, such as Scholars’ forums, and caused shipping disruptions. But some events have taken place virtually, and many preaching movements are moving their training online.
Check out more of what’s been going on from July 2019 – June 2020:
- Langham Preaching held 331 seminars across the world, attended by 9,661 pastors and lay leaders – nearly 10% of these are local indigenous trainers or preaching club* coordinators.
- Between July 2019 and June this year, over a thousand preaching clubs of 7-10 pastors/leaders met regularly for ongoing training and mentoring.
- Langham Literature supplied 13,893 Bible-centred books to 642 Majority World colleges across 80 countries to help students grow and mature in Christ. Over 70% of these books were given free of charge through our Library Grants program.
- Publisher grants enabled 22 indigenous publishers in 15 different countries to produce 50 local language titles. 28 Majority World editors and 50 Majority World writers have also been trained.
- The Langham Scholars programme supported 78 PhD students from 44 Majority World countries.
- All 14 Scholars who graduated last year have returned, or are preparing to return, to serve in the Majority World. These are leaders who will go on to shape their nations with a biblical worldview. They will teach in seminaries, start salt and light ministries, and serve at the highest levels in government.
Find out more about what Langham does and please prayerfully consider financially supporting our work.
*Preaching clubs are local groups of 7 – 10 pastors and lay leaders. They meet together regularly for mentoring and to help each other with sermon preparation.Tags: Langham Literature, Langham Preaching, Langham Scholars